Hanover is a borough in York County, Pennsylvania, 19 miles (31 km) southwest of York and 54 miles (87 km) north-northwest of Baltimore, Maryland and is 5 miles (8.0 km) north of the Mason-Dixon line. The town is situated in a productive agricultural region. The population was 15,289 at the 2010 census. The borough is served by the 717 area code and the ZIP Codes of 17331-34. Hanover is named after the German city of Hannover.
Hanover is considered by many to be the snack food capital of the United States and has been featured multiple times on the Food Network. It has been home to Utz Quality Foods since 1921 which still produces its products there along with a Utz outlet store and Snyder's of Hanover since 1905. In nearby areas there are other snack food makers including Hanover Foods, Wolfgang Candy, Martin's Potato Chips, Hershey Foods, Herr's Snacks and Gibbles Potato Chips, among others.
Menchey Music Service was founded in Hanover in 1936 and maintains its headquarters at the same location. The Vulcan Materials Company owns a large limestone quarry located to the north of Hanover, with an office on Oxford Avenue.
Some local places of interest in the Hanover area include:
- Neas House - Local history museum of the Hanover Area Historical Society
- Hanover Shoe Company – A large shoe factory from 1910, now converted into apartments.
- Codorus State Park has a large artificial lake, pontoon boat rentals, motor boat rentals, canoe rentals, row boat rentals, paddle boats, disc golf courses, and one of the largest pools in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- R H Sheppard Museum - Diesel engine museum with wide array of exhibits. Audio tour available in English and Spanish.
- Eichelberger Performing Arts Center - A former school built in 1896, now in the former auditorium. It hosts many shows and events throughout the year
Hanover, PA Properties
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2020 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Oct 21, 2020 2:10:am.